Monday, September 12, 2011

AT&T Ball Park Series #5: Outta Here Cheese Steaks

 The quest continues! Outta Here cheese steaks was my next stop on my culinary ball park adventure. Featured on one of Tyler Florence's food vignette's in between innings this is one of the newer concession outlets at the park. I have to preface this with the fact that in general I'm not a huge cheese steak sandwich fan so while I enjoyed it I don't know if I can give a 100% fair comparison to any other cheese steaks out there. Located on the same promenade as many of the one-of food offerings behind the bleachers Outta Here Cheese steaks has a specific limited offering of a classic cheese steak served with cheese whiz style spread, onions, and your choice of hot or sweet peppers, a "San Francisco" Cheese steak with grilled chicken, mushrooms, & onions, or the Nor Cal Veggie cheese steak with grilled shredded zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, & onions. Looking back I would be curious to try one of the other "location specific" variations just to see if they are as good as they sound. All varieties are served on Amoroso's Italian rolls the traditional Philly born bread giving it added authenticity. I enjoyed this meal at a game with my dad. He has recently become a huge Philly Cheese steak fan so he gave me some insight. While we both agreed that next time we would do the sweet peppers not the hot (the burn just distracted from the other flavors) He said that the flavor and textures were similar enough to others he had enjoyed. He also observed that this is a great option for someone who is looking for something meaty at the ball park but aren't in the mood for hot dogs or sausages. I couldn't agree more. While I don't think this stand will be my go to I would encourage people to try it especially if you are a fan.

Locations: Promenade level behind Section 142 of the bleachers
Average Wait: We hoped in when there was no line however the service seemed a little slow and a line did build up behind us. This could have just been a day of staff issue however.
Price: $9.25 for the classic
Value: The price is on par with other sandwiches in the ball park of the same size and quality (see King Street Carvery)
Overall Satisfaction: 6.5 out of 10 I can't say it was my favorite but I did eat almost all of it. Would probably suggest it if someone were looking for something meaty and different. It was definitely filling.
Game Score: Lost to the Cubs 2-5.... it's been a rough end to the season hopefully a restful off season and some re-orging will see more hits in 2012. A few more games to look forward to however this year 2 more posts to go!
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment